Wednesday 19 May 2010

Homemade Scones?

This morning the girls and I were walking from the bus stop back to our flat. It's about a 3 or 4 block walk, so I don't take the stroller. I just count this as part of the girls' exercise for the day. Sometimes I carry Claire, but most of the time she yells, "I wanna run!" So, I let her run along the sidewalk with us.

While walking, we saw about 6 or 7 high school aged kids walking toward us. Two of them were covered with white powdery stuff. I thought this was odd and amusing. Katie noticed and just stood there staring at them with a smile on her face. When they weren't quite past Katie and Claire one of them pulled out an egg from a bag and smashed it on a white covered girl. Then, another kid started dumping flour on the girl. And, someone else joined in by dumping flour on another kid. Katie was just past them at this point, but Claire got a very little flour mist on her. She made her super shocked face with her hands up and stared at me for a second. I started laughing and she started laughing, too.


The girls thought this was rather funny and definitely weird. Katie kept talking about it the rest of the way back to the flat. Katie and I were discussing whether or not the kids were trying to make their friends into scones or cakes by smashing eggs and flour on them. She didn't think so, though. And, she swore up and down that she would *never* do anything like that! But, now that the idea is in her head (and her sisters' heads!) who knows what might happen when they get older!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment